frame focus pbs with Tarantella

From: Drew Adams
Subject: frame focus pbs with Tarantella
Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2004 16:21:45 -0800

Hi,

I'm using Tarantella (don't ask) from Windows XP to access a Solaris box. When I run Emacs (20.4.1) with a standalone minibuffer frame, the frame focus keeps changing to the minibuffer frame whenever I input a command.

That's OK for most M-x stuff: the command still takes effect in the original frame (buffer). However, I can't do things like search, because the focus change makes Emacs try to search in the minibuffer! (At least, that's what I think is going on.)

When I run Emacs (20.7) on Windows directly, things work fine: The focus stays in the original buffer (frame); it never passes to the minibuffer frame.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

   Drew