Re: Flyspell: correcting words

From: gebser
Subject: Re: Flyspell: correcting words
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2004 07:31:31 -0500 (EST)

At 16:06 (UTC-0700) on Thu, 15 Jan 2004 Kevin Rodgers said:

= gebser@speakeasy.net wrote:
=
= > When, in flyspell-mode, I "M-x flyspell-correct-word", emacs replies
= > "flyspell-correct-word must be bound to an event with parameters".
=
=
= Why don't you use `M-x flyspell-word'?

This does nothing at all.  There's nothing in the minibuffer, no error
message, the cursor does nothing... it's as if I never entered the
command.

However, since posting this I discovered that, if I run "M-x
ispell-word", that seems to do what I want, i.e., checks the spelling,
offers alternatives in another window, and allows me to correct the
mispelled word or add it to the existing dictionary.  Is this the way
it's supposed to work?  If so, it's counter-intuitive.