Re: copy-face seems to work only for current frame

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: copy-face seems to work only for current frame
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2004 15:15:25 GMT

> Why not? From the documentation of copy-face I don't see
> why this doesn't do it.

Because defface support includes some code directly in the C code that sets
up the face for each and every new frame since the way defface works you can
set your faces differently on different frames (e.g. if you use
make-frame-on-display).

> But I don't want to start a discussion about customize, it's certainly
> a good thing to have and (since about half a year) I've started to use it
> every once in a while.

Given the way defface works, the best way to changes such faces is
via customize.  And I can assure you that I do try to avoid using customize.

        Stefan