Re: copy-face seems to work only for current frame

From: Klaus Zeitler
Subject: Re: copy-face seems to work only for current frame
Date: 28 Jan 2004 11:27:26 +0100

    Eli> You don't need to actually do it via M-x customize-face if you don't
    Eli> like, simply use set-face-foreground etc. for woman-bold-face.

Do I understand this right? You say set-face-background and similar functions
change the face definition, whereas copy-face only changes the frame local
definitions? I always thought that something like set-face-background
changes part of a face and copy face changes the whole thing.
I've now changed my code to using customize.
But as they say: inquiring minds want to know :-)

Thanks

Klaus

|  Klaus Zeitler      Lucent Technologies  |
---
A city is a large community where people are
lonesome together        -- Herbert Prochnow