Re: emacs 21.3 and font-lock-faces

From: Javier Oviedo
Subject: Re: emacs 21.3 and font-lock-faces
Date: Wed, 4 Feb 2004 14:17:20 -0500

In doing some investigation it seems that some of the functionality of 21.2
font-lock.el was moved to cc-fonts.el in 21.3. In font-lock.el 21.2 there is
a regexp case in c-font-lock-keywords-1 that covers number 2 below. When I
do a M-x describe-variable c-font-lock-keywords-1  in 21.3 I get no match.

My knowledge of cc-mode is quite limited so the only way I could think of to
get around this was to add the number 2 regexp case to
font-lock-add-keywords. I tried adding the 21.2 setq of
c-font-lock-keywords-1 in my .emacs for 21.3 but that had no affect. I doubt
that this is the correct solution for this, so I'd be happy to hear any
thoughts on the matter.

I hope that this description makes sense. Forgive me if I fumble on the
proper terminology.

Thanks in advance!

--
Javier