font-lock question

From: Javier Oviedo
Subject: font-lock question
Date: Mon, 9 Feb 2004 11:18:00 -0500

Hello all:

This will probably sound like a rather bizarre question but here goes...

Is there a way to fontify a buffer based on a different mode but still
retain all of the original/base modes attributes(expect for the face
attributes, of course)?

Example:  I have c-file open in emacs and the buffer is using c-mode. I'd
like to use the faces for emacs-lisp-mode(this just an example, so please
humor me) but keep every other attribute of the c-mode. Can this be done? Is
there some other way I could accomplish this? Perhaps using a minor mode and
it's faces but keeping the attributes of the major mode? I'm open to any and
all suggestions.

Thanks in advance!

--
Javier