Re: using id-utils/mkid/gid with C++ instead of C

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: using id-utils/mkid/gid with C++ instead of C
Date: 11 Feb 2004 10:39:59 +0200

> Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2004 15:35:03 -0700
> From: Brian Auld <brian.auld@lefthandnetworks.com>
>
> I've been a satisfied id-utils user for the past year.

This is not really a good place to post questions about ID-utils.  You
should have posted to help-gnu-utils or bug-gnu-utils instead, unless
you are sure the problem is in the Emacs interface to ID-utils.

> class class_A{
>     func_A();
> };
>
> 2nd file: lib.cpp
> --------------------
> class_A::func_A(){
> }
>
> 3rd file main.cpp
> ---------------------
> main(){
>     class_A::func_A();
> }
>
> When I run mkid/gid on the function: func_A, the only hit I get is the
> member function declaration in the 1st file.

What is your version of ID-utils?  Perhaps you have an old version
that has a bug which is already corrected in a newer version.

Also, it is good to run `lid' outside Emacs to see if it finds the
other two files.  If not, it's an ID-utils bug that you should report
to its maintainer(s), not an Emacs problem.