Re: Emacs as a command line tool

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: Emacs as a command line tool
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2004 06:14:18 -0500

David Rasmussen wrote:

> Is it possible to use the many emacs tools from the command line?
>
> Specifically, I would like to do untabify on several files. I am sure
> that it can be done easily from within emacs. But it would still be
> useful if I could just do something like
>
> emacs -e untabify *.cpp
>
> Is it possible?
>
> /David

Assuming you're on Linux or unix, why not try expand on the command line?
That converts tabs to spaces. To convert spaces to tabs use unexpand.

--Rod

Author of "Linux for Non-Geeks--Clear-eyed Answered for Practical Consumers"
and "Boring Stories from Uncle Rod." Both are available at
http://www.rodwriterpublishing.com/index.html

To reply by e-mail, take the extra "o" out of the name.