RE: C-x RET does not do what the documentation says it should

From: Bingham, Jay
Subject: RE: C-x RET does not do what the documentation says it should
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2004 10:35:02 -0600

>On Saturday, February 21, 2004 3:53 AM Eli Zaretskii wrote:
>
>> Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2004 18:18:20 -0600
>> From: "Bingham, Jay" <jay.bingham@hp.com>
>>
>> In emacs 21.2 (the win32 binary loaded from the windows page
>> <http://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/windows/emacs/latest> running on a Windows32
>> platform), the key sequence C-x RET now invokes spell [...]
>
> Are you sure your Emacs behaves like that even when invoked with the
> "-q --no-init-file" switches?

Thanks Ed, for the suggestion.  I should have thought of it myself, my
only excuse is mental fatigue at the end of a work week which by Friday
afternoon seemed like it had gone on much longer than the four days that
it actually had.

> If indeed your local customizations are not responsible for this, it's
> some strange bug in the binary you are using.

After starting emacs without init files, as you suggested, it appears
that responsibility for the hijacking of the C-x RET key sequence can be
laid to the spell check that I enable in my local customizations.

-_
J_)
C_)ingham
.    HP - NonStop Austin Software & Services - Software Quality
Assurance
.    Austin, TX
. "Language is the apparel in which your thoughts parade in public.
.  Never clothe them in vulgar and shoddy attire."     -Dr. George W.
Crane-