Re: Newbie: Interactive goto-line ?!

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Newbie: Interactive goto-line ?!
Date: 25 Feb 2004 07:33:02 +0200

> Newsgroups: gnu.emacs.help
> From: Floyd Davidson <floyd@barrow.com>
> Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2004 14:38:51 -0900
>
> How often do you ever use the facemenu-keymap command, compared
> to the goto-line command?  In my case, I regularly use
> goto-line, and simply *never* use the facemenu-keymap command.

It's the opposite in my case.  For example, "M-g M-g" is invaluable as
a means to fix bad font-lock fontifications (a.k.a. syntax
highlighting).

If you find yourself using goto-line too often, you should take a good
look at the way you use Emacs: most uses of goto-line should be
unnecessary because Emacs interface with various programs that report
line numbers, such as compilers, Grep, etc., have commands to
automatically visit the file and line number being reported.