Re: Newbie: Interactive goto-line ?!

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Newbie: Interactive goto-line ?!
Date: 27 Feb 2004 19:22:54 +0100

Stefan Monnier <address@hidden> writes:

> > If one happens to have sane bold and italic fonts, probably not the
> > worst idea.
> Such things don't just happen.  I actually made up my own italics
> version of misc-fixed-semicondensed since it didn't exist.
> Nowadays, it comes standard so I ditched my home-grown font.

If it comes standard in the intl-fonts collection, one could rely on
it sufficiently to work.

> >> Have you tried my new doctex-mode ?  It's not using AUCTeX so
> >> it's probably no good for you, but you might like the idea.  The
> >> thing in CVS?  That merely fiddles with fontlock, right?
> Right.  Tho not the faces part of font-lock, but the syntactic part
> (the face part then automatically follows from it).
> >> I don't hack on such docs enough to have a good feel for what
> >> would be really useful, tho.  The idea is just to try and turn
> >> those "code in comment" back into non-comments.
> > We (actually, mostly Ralf Angeli) currently are working on filling
> > and insertion and other stuff in AUCTeX that will accept comments
> > as a separate syntax domain with regard to LaTeX command insertion
> > and indentation.  Separate branch named new-fill, currently.  Very
> > impressive.
> I don't actually understand what that means.  Can you show an
> example?

Pick some arbitrary .dtx code:

% Now redefine "address@hidden" to restore "\hline" and "\multicolumn" so
% that arrays and tabulars nested in longtable (or in page headings on
% longtable pages) work out OK. Saving the original definitions done
% here so that you can load the \package{array} package before or after
% \package{longtable}.
%    \begin{macrocode}
%    \end{macrocode}
%    address@hidden
%    \begin{macrocode}
%    \end{macrocode}
% \changes{v4.05}{1996/11/12}
%      {\cs{nopagebreak} and \cs{pagebreak} added}
% More or less standard definitions, but first start a "\noalign".
%    \begin{macrocode}
%    \end{macrocode}
%    \begin{macrocode}
  address@hidden address@hidden@caption
%    \end{macrocode}

With regard to indentation and environment completion, the comments
are one domain that is not interested in unmatched braced and
environments in the code, and vice versa.