Re: remote login from SGI

From: Cor Gest
Subject: Re: remote login from SGI
Date: 02 Mar 2004 03:41:57 +0000

Some hopefully ableminded and witty human entity
disguising itself as: Billy O'Connor <billyoc@gnuyork.org> wrote :

> > not allways in a remote-term , ESC-` (ESC Back-tick)
> >
> > (it was stated in the Fine Manual...;-)
>
> Wow.  I never knew that.  Thank you.  :)

Yep, not vy used nowadays with all the Whizz-bang-hoopla
3D-surround-Sound moving images screens, huh ;-))

But another thing I suffered is color-changes in remotes.
I just go back to TERM=vt100 and used the back-tick and all
odd- off-color stuff is gone too.

But you could install an enhanced /etc/termcap on the remote linux-box
it surely would have an irix-term entry.

This link has an load of info on termcap stuff.
http://www.aplawrence.com/Unixart/termcap.html

cor

--
          Artificial intelligence has no cure for human stupidity
(setq reply-to (concatenate 'string "Cor Gest " "<cor" '(#\@)  "clsnet.nl>"))