ange-ftp 'magic' backup where?

From: Peter Woo
Subject: ange-ftp 'magic' backup where?
Date: Fri, 05 Mar 2004 01:46:09 +0800

Hi,

I am running cygwin emacs 21.2.

I've enabled the ange-ftp-make-backup-files and it works fine with my
backup settings of having all backups located at a fixed directory.  The
magically thing though...  the backup file name consists of only the
host name part (e.g. !me@abc.com), and size 0 byte.  The magically thing
is - backups of all files edited on that host do exist validly when
tested with the diff function at dired...  I tried to search in /tmp but
it wasn't where the 'real' backups located.  So, it appears that the
single 0 byte backup file does able to hold all backups of files edited
on that host...

So, where are the real backup files actually?

Just curious...

P.