About: Re: Emacs and ASP major mode

From: Guillaume Cottenceau
Subject: About: Re: Emacs and ASP major mode
Date: 12 Mar 2004 15:48:13 +0100

Hi,

I was looking for an asp-mode for Emacs. I've read the message by
"Jeffery B. Rancier" on Mon, 24 Feb 2003 17:23:27 -0500 who
suggested to use the visual-basic mode. I just wanted to share
with you something slightly better (I hope) that I'm using.

The asp-mode I'm using is based on using html-mode. If you don't
have it, google and download it.

Basically, it switches between the visual-basic-mode for parts
containing scriptlets, and html-mode for html. I've also added
the use of the java-mode when "<script" is encountered - however,
I'm no asp/html expert thus I don't know if we can safely assume
that stuff after "<script" is always javascript. Here's what I've
added in my .emacs to declare the asp-mode:

(defun asp-mode () (interactive)
  (multi-mode 1
              'html-mode
              '("<%" visual-basic-mode)
              '("<script" java-mode)
              '("</script" html-mode)
              '("%>" html-mode)))

Happy about it, I'm now switching to something similar for
editing PHP:

(defun gcphp-mode () (interactive)
  (multi-mode 1
              'html-mode