Several modes acting strangely

From: Bingham, Jay
Subject: Several modes acting strangely
Date: Tue, 16 Mar 2004 16:44:22 -0600

I am running the precompiled binaries of Emacs 21.2 in a windows 2000
environment.
When I am in java-mode and c-mode things do not behave as they should.
For example when I attempt to edit a java file and insert a "/*", "{" or
"}" I get a message that says:

Search failed: "^(defun"

I get the same message in c-mode.

I am pretty sure that my mode tables are messed up somehow.  There is
nothing in my .emacs that is modifying any modes.
Can someone tell me what I need to look at and fix to make these modes
work correctly?

-_
J_)
C_)ingham
.    HP - NonStop Austin Software & Services - Software Quality
Assurance
.    Austin, TX
. "Language is the apparel in which your thoughts parade in public.
.  Never clothe them in vulgar and shoddy attire."     -Dr. George W.
Crane-