Re: showing argument list in mini-buffer of c/c++ func

From: axa
Subject: Re: showing argument list in mini-buffer of c/c++ func
Date: Sun, 25 Apr 2004 22:28:26 +0200 (CEST)

On Sun, 25 Apr 2004, axa wrote:

> Henceforth, thank you
> Best regards, axa

Ok, since none respond to this question, and by the respond Ive got from
other people about this particular question, I guess it is hard to to this
(or even impossible) in emacs. So I created one script, which collected all
C prototypes and putted them in one file. The idea is, when open some .C
file in emacs, and when cursor is over some functions name, when I type
(some) short-cut, then emacs would _take_ that function name (under the
cursor), give it to the script, and then display result (from script,
which would be func prototype) in mini-buffer. But since, I do not know
"elisp" (I guess it is needed to write such function), can someone help me
with this, by writing me how to do this?
So, again that function in emacs, would take C function name under the
cursor (or in worst case, provide input in mini-buffer in which  C
function name would be explicitly given), then call some bash script
with that C func name (or even, itself calls grep for one file, with C
function name), and then finally display result back in mini-buffer.

Thanks.

Best regards, axa
---
The law will never make men free; it is men who have got to make the
law free.
                -- Henry David Thoreau