Re: Semi-OT: font advice

From: Jesse Sheidlower
Subject: Re: Semi-OT: font advice
Date: 27 Apr 2004 16:50:25 -0400

In article <jwvfzapb4h3.fsf-monnier+gnu.emacs.help@gnu.org>,
Stefan Monnier  <monnier@iro.umontreal.ca> wrote:
>> I just realized there is a problem with the latter: when I create a new
>> frame with C-x 5-2, the new frame is created in the system default font,
>> not the one I instruct in the set-face-font command.  Is there a way to
>> ensure that any such frames appear with my chosen font?
>
>If the behavior you got disagrees with (your understanding of) the
>docstring of `set-face-font', then there's a bug and you should report it
>with M-x report-emacs-bug.

Given my knowledge of Emacs, I'd more likely conclude that it's
my understanding of the docs of `set-face-font` that's the problem.
It says "FRAME nil or not specified means change face on all frames",
but that leaves open the issue of whether that means 'all existing
frames' or 'all frames that exist now and are created in the future,
until such time as the font is re-set'.

But to _my_ mind this seems like a bug, and I'll report it if my
understanding is not crazy.

Jesse Sheidlower