Re: Which mail client?

From: Reiner Steib
Subject: Re: Which mail client?
Date: Thu, 20 May 2004 22:17:50 +0200

On Thu, May 20 2004, Miles Bader wrote:

> address@hidden (Steinar Børmer) writes:
>> I haven't tried Gnus 5.9.0 with IMAP, but I've been told that the more
>> recent versions (especially No Gnus, which I'm using) have notably
>> better IMAP speed and general functionality improvements.

I don't recall any major changes related to IMAP from Gnus 5.10 to No

> How's No Gnus generally for stability?
> I tried it out on a lark today (while setting up the gnus arch archive),
> and it flaked out pretty badly, undefined variable errors, couldn't read
> mail (got it from the server, but failed to store it in my mail
> folders!).  [...]
> However, I presume it may have simply been a bad time.

Probably.  Compare the activity in the ChangeLog within the last week
to the previous months.  No Gnus is a developer version after all.
But apart from yesterday, I didn't have serious problems.

If you see problems when upgrading from 5.9 to 5.10.6, please report
them on ding.

Is your arch archive (for Gnus) already set up?

Bye, Reiner.
      (o o)
---ooO-(_)-Ooo--- PGP key available via WWW