Re: Hardcopy of selected sections Emacs info

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: Hardcopy of selected sections Emacs info
Date: Mon, 24 May 2004 16:12:59 -0400

Irving Kimura wrote:

> In <m3iselabfk.fsf@eric.rossnet.com> Michael Slass <miknrene@drizzle.com>
> writes:
>
>>Irving Kimura <nomail_please@nomail.org> writes:
>
>>>I'm trying to figure out how to print out selected sections of the
>>>Emacs documentation (I normally read it via C-h i, etc.)
>>>
>>>I can't find any *.texi or *.ps files for the distribution I have.
>>>Where can I find a printable version of the documentation for v.
>>>21.3 ?
>
>>Does printing from within emacs with File --> Postscript Print Buffer
>>work for you?
>
> Yes and no.  It prints the current buffer, but the information is
> spread over many buffers.  I don't want to print the entire info
> subtree for the section of interest by visiting each node and
> printing it.  This is not only time-inefficient, but space-inefficient
> as well, since many of these info node buffers contain only one
> short paragraph.
>
> Irv

How about highlighting what you want and using M-x append-to-buffer or M-x
append-to-file to collect them and then printing out the buffer/file when
you're finished.

If you're as lazy as I am, you'd macroize this.

--Rod

Author of "Linux for Non-Geeks--Clear-eyed Answers for Practical Consumers"
and "Boring Stories from Uncle Rod." Both are available at
http://www.rodwriterpublishing.com/index.html

To reply by e-mail, take the extra "o" out of the name.