help with emacs

From: Chris Irish
Subject: help with emacs
Date: Sun, 30 May 2004 12:40:45 -0700

Hi, I've been using emacs for a few months now on my mac with no problems. However, I just installed emacs for windows on a new PC of mine and it's acting strange. It doesn't seem to recognize when I write Python code. I have text highlighting on but it doesn't register keywords. When I save a file it calls it a python file when I look at it in the folder but in the buffer it calls it a fundamental file instead. Also when I write html I can make up tags and it will highlight the text like it was a real tag. For example <zzzzzzzz>, emacs would highlight all the z's. Do I need to install something else to get the correct functionality? Any help would be greatly appreciated, till then I guess I'll keep using my mac. If you want you can respoond directly to my email.....supairish@hotmail.com thanks Chris

Express yourself with the new version of MSN Messenger! Download today - it's FREE! http://messenger.msn.click-url.com/go/onm00200471ave/direct/01/