Re: Adding characters/symbols to the fringes

From: Michael Slass
Subject: Re: Adding characters/symbols to the fringes
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2004 17:36:34 -0000

Joakim Hove <address@hidden> writes:

>is there a simple way to add characters/symbols to the fringes, like
>the arrows indicating that a line continues on to the next line.

I believe you need to use an overlay (which is how Gnus does it --
take a look at `gnus-summary-set-article-display-arrow').  Overlays
are described in the elisp manual, and my quick glance at the page
doesn't make adding chars to the fringe appear "simple", alas.

Maybe you'll see something I didn't.

Mike Slass