Re: Using re-builder

From: Kevin Rodgers
Subject: Re: Using re-builder
Date: Fri, 18 Jun 2004 12:54:06 -0600

Michael Slass wrote:
>>Another approach would be to leave the regexp string in the kill ring,
>>but define a new command to yank the regexp itself into the minibuffer.
>
> That's a great idea, but I think it would require a global keybinding
> to that new command to be really useful, since you never know where
> you're going to want to yank the RE.

The OP specifically requested the ability to yank the regexp into the
minibuffer in response to C-M-%'s "Query replace regexp: " prompt.  For
that, you would only need a binding in minibuffer-local-map.  But what
would be wrong with a global binding e.g. `C-c y' which is reserved for
the user?

--
Kevin Rodgers