Re: Cursor as underline in 21?

From: DrMemory
Subject: Re: Cursor as underline in 21?
Date: Wed, 07 Jul 2004 17:23:53 GMT

On Tue, 06 Jul 2004 15:39:51 GMT, Peter Lee <pete_lee@swbell.net> wrote:

>    DrMemory> Any less brutal solutions?
>
>Not sure what version this was introduced, but in cvs there is:
>
>,----[ C-h v cursor-type RET ]
>| cursor-type's value is (bar . 2)

The cursor-type is applicable only if running in X, where you get a
software cursor. On the plain terminal, you get the hardware cursor
only. And, starting I think with 21, the 'visible' (block) rather than
'normal' (underline) cursor is used, so it would appear that the only
way to change it is to change term.c as I noted and recompile.

(the blink-cursor-mode which was suggested is also applicable only to
the software cursor).