Porting from XEmacs to Emacs: event-glyph-extent

From: Achim D. Brucker
Subject: Porting from XEmacs to Emacs: event-glyph-extent
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 2004 20:07:58 +0000 (UTC)

Hi,
is there an howto about porting elisp-code from XEmacs to GNU Emacs?

At the moment I'm trying to port an (unmainted) XEmacs mode to GNU
Emacs 21.3. With the help of lucid.el and looking into various (X)Emacs
modes I got most of the stuff working, but now I'm getting stuck with the
following routine:

(defun zeta-marker-activate (e)
  (interactive "e")
    (let ((m (event-glyph-extent e)) act)
        (if (and m (setq act (extent-property m 'zeta-marker-action)))
                (funcall act m)
         (mouse-set-point e))))

"event-glyph-extent" seems to be problematic, at least my attempts to
emulate this in GNU Emacs (with constructs like "overlays-at
(event-start e)")
failed. Is this non-trivial or do I just missing something obvious?

Achim