Re: Newbie: no color in emacs 20.7

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Newbie: no color in emacs 20.7
Date: 01 Aug 2004 12:14:41 +0200

[Toppost rearranged.  People tend to start reading at the beginning,
then go on to then end, then stop.]

Beetlenut <address@hidden> writes:

> David Kastrup wrote:
> > Claus Gerull <address@hidden> writes:
> >
> >>Fotgotten to tell that on the same machine XEmacs just runs fine
> >>and have as many colors as i wish.
> >>It's the console and terminal sessions that are the problems.
> > Use Emacs 21.  Emacs 20 does not have color on terminals.
> >
> Thanks, David
> It works, just did't find anything in the Faq or Readme's.

Well, since I don't have Emacs 20 installed here, I can't try to prove
whatever by digging up the relevant passages.  But there are quite
more reasons to use Emacs21 than colors on the terminal, anyway.