Can Ebrowse or ECB give me a list of functions called? Or something else

From: Alan Mackenzie
Subject: Can Ebrowse or ECB give me a list of functions called? Or something else?
Date: Thu, 5 Aug 2004 19:55:35 +0000

We have a source tree of mixed C and C++.  Management is considering
"just" switching to a different unix-like OS.  I have been tasked with
discovering exactly which functions (from the OS and standard libraries)
are called.

Before embarking on the writing of a script to parse our source files, I
was wondering if I could somehow extract the information from an Ebrowse
or ECB database file.  Clearly a TAGS file doesn't contain the requisite
info.

All I really need (I think), is some text file with an obvious structure,
from which I can extract the function names I'm looking for.

Or would I be better using something like GNU nm ("List symbols from
object files")?

Suggestions and tips would be appreciate.

Thanks in advance!

--
Alan Mackenzie (Munich, Germany)
Email: aacm@muuc.dee; to decode, wherever there is a repeated letter