Emacs crashes when I open a .cpp.file

From: William Payne
Subject: Emacs crashes when I open a .cpp.file
Date: Wed, 11 Aug 2004 22:40:51 +0200

Hello, emacs crashes when I open a cpp-file (haven't tried with any other
files that trigger my c++ language hook). The following message is displayed
in the console:
way.

[1]+  Exit 3                  emacs read_directory.cpp

I thought that it might be a problem with CC-Mode so I installed the latest
stable version (5.30.9), but Emacs still crashes. Is there anything I can do
to track down and maybe solve/work around this error?

I am using the developement version of Emacs, just checked out from the CVS.

/ WP