w3m on NT Emacs

From: Gustaf Erikson
Subject: w3m on NT Emacs
Date: Tue, 31 Aug 2004 11:23:46 +0200

I'm using NT Emacs ("GNU Emacs 21.3.1 (i386-msvc-nt5.1.2600) of
2003-03-28 on buffy") on Windows XP. I would like to use w3m to format
the inevitable HTML mail from my employer. This has worked before, but
since getting a new computer it doesn't work.

I had my old .emacs and .gnus files, but after messing around with
them I removed all references to w3m vars and functions and started
over.

I d/l and installed emacs-w3m v. 1.4.3. I couldn't compile the latest
version of w3m under cygwin, but I had an older version (v. 0.4.1)
available, and this works flawlessly under cygwin bash. Also, if I
start emacs from bash inside the console, M-x w3m works fine and I can
browse.

But when I try to do the same thing in "normal" windows mode, I just
get a blank buffer. I see the w3m menubar and the tabs, but no
output. When entering remote URL, ir just says

"Request sent, waiting for response...done".

Any ideas of what might cause this? Is it a question of w3m's output
being redirected somewhere else?

tia

/g.

--
Gustaf Erikson * mobile 0733387618 * http://gustaf.symbiandiaries.com/weblog

MS-Windows: Elevating brain damage to an art form.