Re: emacs as an XML editor?

From: Eric Pement
Subject: Re: emacs as an XML editor?
Date: 3 Sep 2004 13:52:23 -0700

Gustaf Erikson <gerikson+usenet@gmail.com> wrote in message
news:<mailman.866.1093962881.1998.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>...
> What would be really nice is an emacs mode that could be used for XML
> editing. It would include stuff like parsing for well-formedness,
> validation, folding elements etc. Anyone have any pointers on how this
> can be implemented?

The Text Encoding Initiative has a special interest in literary and
multilingual texts and XML. They have released a special version of
Emacs which comes preinstalled with nxml-mode, psgml-mode, DTD,
Schemas, XSLT style sheets, and more things than I can understand.

Visit the first two pages, then download Emacs from the third page:

     http://www.tei-c.org
     http://www.tei-c.org/Software/index.html
     http://www.tei-c.org/Software/tei-emacs/

Don't skip over the first two pages. For instance, on the middle link
("Software"), I discovered an interesting Word-to-XML or Word-to-XHTML
processor, and some other useful XML tools.
--
Eric Pement