[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: gnus filter
Re: gnus filter
08 Sep 2004 10:23:43 +0530
Gnus/5.09 (Gnus v5.9.0) Emacs/21.2
Tim McNamara <address@hidden> writes:
> Elvin Peterson <address@hidden> writes:
> >>> Thanks. Looks like the third option
> >> (setq gnus-use-cross-reference 'read-in-all)
> >> is what I need.
> > I tried this, and according to the documentation:
> > If neither t nor nil, mark as read in all
> > newsgroups.
> > However, I still see the cross posted articles. Is cross referencing
> > the same as cross posting?
> > TIA.
> Odd. I use Gnus 5.10.6 and I don't see crossposted articles in
> newsgroups. When I read an article in one group, it is removed from
> the other groups it's crossposted to. Looking at my .gnus, I don't
> see anything specific for this, only:
> (setq nnmail-crosspost nil)
> I don't think that's much help to you.
I guess I wasn't very clear the first time around. I don't want to
see cross posted articles, even if they are unread. I want to avoid
the usual flame wars which are posted to both, say, MS and Linux
newsgroups. I am using version 5.9.0.
- gnus filter, Elvin Peterson, 2004/09/07
- Re: gnus filter, Kai Grossjohann, 2004/09/07
- Message not available
- Re: gnus filter, Elvin Peterson, 2004/09/07
- Re: gnus filter, Tim McNamara, 2004/09/07
- Re: gnus filter,
Elvin Peterson <=
- Re: gnus filter, Reiner Steib, 2004/09/08
- Re: gnus filter, Elvin Peterson, 2004/09/09
- Re: gnus filter, Elvin Peterson, 2004/09/10
- Re: gnus filter, Reiner Steib, 2004/09/11
- Re: gnus filter, Elvin Peterson, 2004/09/11