buttonized urls in bitex files

From: Jochen Küpper
Subject: buttonized urls in bitex files
Date: Wed, 15 Sep 2004 21:22:35 +0200

It is probably fairly common to have url-fields in bibtex entries
nowadays.

Editing bibtex files in Emacs using bibtex mode one can open such urls
by moving point onto them and calling browse-url.

I thought it would be great if the url-field would be
buttonized/clickable so that one could open the link by a single
mouse-click.

Browsing google I couldn't find anything along these lines. Is
something like this possible already? Does anybody have some code?
Could something like that be added to bibtex.el?

,----[(version)]
| GNU Emacs 21.2.1 (i686-pc-cygwin, X toolkit) of 2004-03-22 on cm-test
`----

Greetings,
Jochen
        (Part 3 you find in my messages before fall 2003.)