Re: print eastern glyphs

From: Sebastien Kirche
Subject: Re: print eastern glyphs
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 2004 11:34:02 +0200

Le 20 Sep 2004, Shigeki UNO a dit :

> Add the following lisp code to ~/.emacs, please.
>
> (setq ps-multibyte-buffer 'non-latin-printer)
>
> And also, take a look at ps-mule.el (PREFIX/share/emacs/VERSION/lisp). You
> would find the description about what you want to know.

Thank you  for the answer  but that  did not helped  me totally :  with that
statement, printing failed by  complaining that ps-mule-chars-in-string is a
void function.

After  googling  a  little,  i  have  found some  recent  changes  from  the
developpers in  ps-mule.el that  made me try  the following (i  am currently
using the cvs version):

 (progn
       (defalias 'ps-mule-next-point '1+)
       (defalias 'ps-mule-chars-in-string 'Length)
       (defalias 'ps-mule-string-char 'aref)
       (defsubst ps-mule-next-index (str i) (1+ i)))

I then can  ps-print the buffer, but eastern glyphs  are replaced by western
letters :(

BTW  : i  think i  may forward  the ps-mule-chars-in-string  problem  to the
emacs-devel list...

Sébastien Kirche