Re: help with font-lock-multiline

From: Gian Uberto Lauri
Subject: Re: help with font-lock-multiline
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 2004 19:01:10 +0200

>> I'm doing JSP development, and I want something very simple.  I want to
>> fontify the text between <% and %> tags, even if spread across multiple
>> lines.

SM> font-lock-multiline is probably not the right tool here (it works OK for
SM> things that are "generally single line, but something spread over a couple
SM> more lines", but for really long sections forget it).

SM> Your best bet is to mark <% and %> as string (or comment) delimiters in
SM> font-lock-syntactic-keywords.  If you want to highlight them in a different
SM> face that the string-face or comment-face, then use
SM> font-lock-syntactic-face-function.

KA-BANG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm  trying it  in the  beta version  of the  next version  wannabe of
html-helper-mode - masochist can find it at the following url:

<http://savannah.nongnu.org/download/baol-hth/beta-html-helper-mode.el.gz>

but it falls one tag short (it seems it fails to decorate the last tag
- an html tag could span multiple lines)

Where can I learn how to write it properly ?

The tex-mode example was a too  little help for my limited skills (and
intellect).

TIA!!!!

--