Outline mode and HTML/XML

From: Misha Bergal
Subject: Outline mode and HTML/XML
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2004 23:28:22 -0500

I would like to get the XML/HTML outlining functionality similar to
Microsoft Visual Studio .NET Outline support for C# etc.

Basically, given the XML file:

<root>
   <a>
     <a1 />
     <a1 />
   </a>
   <b>
     <a1 />
     <a1 />
   </b>
</root>

I would be able to collapse parts of it:

<root>
   <a>...
   <b>...
</root>

I read about the outline-mode, but being a relative unexperienced
Emacs user, I can't do more than very simple customizations. Is there
anybody who has done it before and can point tell me what I need to do
and use?

Thanks in advance.

--
Misha Bergal