RE: Filling and one-letter words at end of line

From: JayBingham
Subject: RE: Filling and one-letter words at end of line
Date: Mon, 8 Nov 2004 12:38:58 -0600

<Send replies only to the list not to this address>

OnFriday, November 05, 2004 9:55 PM Maciek Pasternacki wrote:

> What is funny is that english one-letter words (`I' and `a') are
never
> filled at end of line.

I am curious as to why you think this is true.  I just did a quick
test in emacs 21.3 running on my Win2000 PC and I do not see the
above behavior.   I entered a paragraph where both `a' and `I' are
the final words on subsequent lines in the paragraph.  I can find
nothing in the emacs info file or the emacs lisp reference that
describes any options to do what you are describing.

-_
J_)
C_)ingham
.    Hewlett-Packard
.    Austin, TX
. “Language is the apparel in which your thoughts parade in public.
.  Never clothe them in vulgar and shoddy attire.”     -Dr. George W.
Crane-