Character is only displayed when directly input

From: Leonardo Boiko
Subject: Character is only displayed when directly input
Date: Fri, 26 Nov 2004 10:27:54 -0400

Hi.  I'm having trouble with CVS Emacs and Japanese Unicode.
I can enter the "white star" character (U+2606, commonly used in Japanese texts) by typing "hoshi" in the input method, and it displays correctly. This means that it has intl-fonts support, right? However, if I paste text from another application, or if I save the file and open it, the caracter is not displayed.

What I am doing wrong?
--
Leonardo Boiko