non-ASCII characters

From: Thomas A. Schmitz
Subject: non-ASCII characters
Date: Tue, 07 Dec 2004 18:00:01 +0100

Not sure if this is the right venue, but here comes: I've been using emacs 21.3.50.1 on Mac OS X (carbon version), and non-ASCII characters are drawn correctly when I specify the fontset in my .emacs. I tried and built emacs-unicode (aka 22.0.0) from cvs, and it works well in general, but non-ASCII characters show up as empty boxes. I tried started emacs without my .emacs (i.e. with the default character set), but the problem persists. Does anybody know anything about this problem, ar can anybody point me to the right place where I could find help with this problem? Thanks!
Thomas