Re: How to send a mail using smtp? - solved! (but need help with "Mail F

From: Bob Babcock
Subject: Re: How to send a mail using smtp? - solved! (but need help with "Mail From:")
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 2004 04:25:45 GMT

Kevin Rodgers <ihs_4664@yahoo.com> wrote in
32rnhkF3qqskdU1@individual.net:">news:32rnhkF3qqskdU1@individual.net:

> Yes, there's a better way, since Emacs has anticipated your problems
> and provided variables to solve them:
>
> (setq user-full-name "My Name"
>        user-mail-address "username@domain.net"
>        mail-default-reply-to user-mail-address
>        mail-from-style  'angles)

That's what happens when you migrate .emacs from release to release over a
period of years; you end up with stuff that is no longer necessary.  On the
other hand, the above elisp (in emacs 20.3 rmail) doesn't insert the From:
line until the mail is sent.  I like to see it during message composition.