Re: How to get an item into info menu?

From: Pascal Bourguignon
Subject: Re: How to get an item into info menu?
Date: 02 Jan 2005 18:14:08 +0100

bill <address@hidden> writes:

> I have the info files for "Introduction to Programming in Emacs
> Lisp" but no matter where I put those files, the corresponding menu
> item (* Emacs Lisp Intro: (eintr).) never shows on the top menu
> when I do C-h i in Emacs.  In every attempt I have placed the
> file(s) in a directory mentioned in Info-default-directory-list.
> I have tried both the single info file
> (from as well as the separate eintr*.gz files generated
> by makeinfo and gzip from the contents of emacs-lisp-intro-texi.tar
> (also from

You can use the prefix argument to be able to specify the info file to
    C-u C-h i

You'd have to edit the DIR file used by info. There's an: install-info
command to do that.

> Where's the documentation on how to do this?  I've looked everywhere.

__Pascal_Bourguignon__               _  Software patents are endangering
()  ASCII ribbon against html email (o_ the computer industry all around
/\  1962:DO20I=1.100                //\ the world
    2001:my($f)=`fortune`;          V_/