Re: Adjusting page length in "Print buffer" command

From: Tim McNamara
Subject: Re: Adjusting page length in "Print buffer" command
Date: Sun, 16 Jan 2005 14:47:55 -0600

"Eli Zaretskii" <eliz@gnu.org> writes:

>> From: Tim McNamara <timmcn@bitstream.net> Date: Sat, 15 Jan 2005
>> 16:20:48 -0600
>>
>> Unfortunately I am clueless as to what changes to make....  If I
>> click on INS, there is a text field that appears, but I don't know
>> what to put into it.
>
> You should put there whatever command-line switches that you want to
> pass to `pr'.

Thanks, unfortunately that gets me no further.  It is like you are
speaking another language that I don't understand and for which there
is no dictionary.

What is a "switch" in this context?  What value is placed in this
field to be passed to "pr"?  There is no explanation of this in the
manual, as far as I can find.  One cannot proceed independently if
the information needed to do so is obscure or unavailable.  :-(

> There's a chapter in the Emacs manual that explains how to use
> Customize; perhaps you should read it.

I did, it didn't answer my question.

But thank you for your help.  I will continue to print my documents
out of another application.  It's inconvenient but it works.