Re: header-line-format hacking

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: header-line-format hacking
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2005 11:18:26 -0500

> Is there a recommended way to modify header-line-format?  If possible, I'd
> like to augment an existing value (for cases where that makes sense)
> rather than override it.  Grepping Emacs source, I've noticed a few places
> where it's overridden but haven't found an example of modification.

There are currently few uses of the header-line, and most of them seem to be
"global".  I.e. either it's absent, or its content does not naturally lend
itself to being accompanied with some other info.

Could you give a couple examples of the kind of things you'd like to put/add
into the header-line?

        Stefan