Re: guile-emacs dead ?

From: August
Subject: Re: guile-emacs dead ?
Date: Sun, 06 Feb 2005 17:56:43 +0100

On sön, 2005-02-06 at 22:58 +0800, William Xuuu wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I found some discussions about guile-emacs by google, which seems very
> exciting, 'cause i love scheme. While, there's really nothing on its
> homepage. Is it dead ?

I did the same observation some time ago. I think it's a great shame
because as a programming language Scheme is far superior to Elisp
(except maybe when it comes to execution speed). Elisp is bad at
information hiding (no file scope) and provides no local procedures,
which encourages programmers to write gigantic functions that are hard
to maintain. I would like to see GNU Emacs switch to Guile/Scheme
completely.

--
August