Re: Can't get italic face!

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: Can't get italic face!
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2005 11:43:33 +0100

August wrote:

> Does the selected font define an italic shape?
> [...]
> If you are using a raster font that don't have an
> italic shape (no such glyphs defined) then you're out of luck. Some
> fonts, e.g. Proggy Clean, don't even have a bold shape. With vector
> fonts (e.g. True Type) the application can sometimes change the shape of
> the a font (with no italic/bold shape defined) by applying a transform.
> Nevertheless, the result will only look good if the font has a real
> italic shape defined.

Yes, you are right. I was using a sony fixed font, configured
in my ~/.Xdefaults. When I removed ~/.Xdefaults, and then restart X,
I got the italic face with the default Emacs font.
Thanks indeed.
However, it a shame: I like that sony fixed font very much,
and it's sad it doesn't have the possibility to define an oblique shape.
Nothing at all to do in this sense?

Cheers,
Rodolfo

Navighi a 2 MEGA e i primi 3 mesi sono GRATIS.
Scegli Libero Adsl Flat senza limiti su http://www.libero.it