Re: Using undumped Emacs

From: Thien-Thi Nguyen
Subject: Re: Using undumped Emacs
Date: Sat, 19 Feb 2005 10:14:31 +0100

Greg <greg@nospam.org> writes:

> It's puzzling to me why that happens with undumped emacs,
> and dumped emacs doesn't need TERM=vt100.
>
> The Emacs docs or FAQ don't say anything about the problem.

perhaps we should start a node on emacswiki re playing w/
undumped emacs.  probably there is no faq because there are
few to no questions on the topic, a large majority of the
people preferring to use emacs "normally".

these days emacs development is more-or-less transparent
(anoncvs access available), so i would expect the norms of
its usage to expand as well.  welcome to the bleeding edge!

re terminal init: i could spew on about this for a bit, but
will refrain for now, and save it for emacswiki.  maybe there
is already such a node; i haven't checked recently.

thi