Re: Carbon emacs - frame too big for minibuffer can't resize window

From: August
Subject: Re: Carbon emacs - frame too big for minibuffer can't resize window
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2005 18:50:26 +0100

On mån, 2005-02-28 at 17:40 +0100, Peter Dyballa wrote:
> Am 28.02.2005 um 17:12 schrieb August:
>
> > Note that lines longer than 80 characters are not recommended as they
> > will not fit on standard terminals.
>
> Carbon Emacs runs free and wild outside a terminal emulation, it's a
> stand-alone application as an X11 Emacs. Look here:
> http://home.att.ne.jp/alpha/z123/emacs-mac-e.html

What I mean is that if you or someone else display
(or print) a
file where the lines are longer than 80 characters
on a standard
terminal the result will look something like this,
that is, ugly
and hard to read. Moreover, long lines are hard to
read even when
the linebreaks occur in the right places.

--
August