Re: slow bibtex menu access

From: Sebastian Luque
Subject: Re: slow bibtex menu access
Date: Thu, 03 Mar 2005 10:18:22 -0600

Chong Yidong <cyd@physics.stanford.edu> wrote:

[...]

> If emacs -q gets rid of the problem, the easiest way to proceed is to
> find out which part of your .emacs is to blame. You should comment out
> the whole file, then uncomment a few pieces at a time and test again,
> trying to spot the point where the problem comes back.

Thank you, I'd forgotten that (haven't done it in a long time). So I found
the problem, and it was table.el. I had (require 'table) and (require
'emacs-wiki-table) (the latter requires table.el) in a few places. I have
no idea where and how table.el is causing the problem, but would it be
possible to turn it off (I guess a hook might do it) while in bibtex?
Tables are not needed in bibtex anyway.

Thanks for your help,
--
Sebastian Luque