Re: Use ido for *all* completion?

From: Oliver Scholz
Subject: Re: Use ido for *all* completion?
Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2005 13:22:45 +0100

Romain Francoise <address@hidden> writes:

> Oliver Scholz <address@hidden> writes:
>> Yes.
> And don't you agree that while they both show available completions,
> icomplete is nowhere near ido when it comes to functionality?  Or am I
> missing something?

I don't recall having seen any list of required functionality. I do
remember that somebody wanted to use ido for other sorts of
completion. Such things most of the time mean: people want to have a
particular functionality and express that as "can X also do Y?" So
before we jump on anything without consideration and merge and emacs-devel, it would be quite more methodical to
find the least difficult way to achieve the required functionality.

20 Ventôse an 213 de la Révolution
Liberté, Egalité, Fraternité!