Re: Is Emacs becoming Word?

From: Joe Corneli
Subject: Re: Is Emacs becoming Word?
Date: Sat, 26 Mar 2005 05:24:27 -0600

   JC>  Eg. the first time \pi turns into a greek
   JC> symbol,

   I   disagree  with  the   whole  argument   except  for   having  some
   documentation that  tells you how to  replace an old  behaviour if you
   don't like the new.

That IS the whole argument.  Anyone who says differently is selling
something.

   They use  them in their everyday  life. TeX has  grown and understands
   them.  It's fair that Emacs handles  them the right way and I love the
   True One Editor when it does it.

Have cake?  Eat it, too.