Re: newbie: selecting a line in emacs

From: Pascal Bourguignon
Subject: Re: newbie: selecting a line in emacs
Date: 29 Mar 2005 23:51:11 +0200

Saket Sathe <saket@cc.iitb.ac.in> writes:

> >On Wed, 30 Mar 2005 01:08:52 +0530, Saket Sathe <saket@cc.iitb.ac.in> wrote:
> >
> >>How do I select an entire line in emacs for yanking/pasting etc.
>
> Denis Bueno wrote:
>
> >C-a C-SPC C-e
>
> It works! But isnt there a shorter/better way of doing it .

\ = mouse-down
/ = mouse-up
_ = drag

Triple-left-click on the line works as well in emacs in X as in any
other GUI application \/\/\/ .

To select a single word, double-left-click on the word: \/\/ .  You
can also select several words: double-left-click on the first word and
drag up to the last word \/\_______/ .

Also, you can put the mark with single-left-click \/ , and move the
point with single-right-click \/ .

In X, the selection is automatically "copied", you can paste it with
middle-click \/ pointing to the place where you want it pasted, or
"yanking" with C-y.