Re: emacs on freebsd, space limitation

From: Joe Corneli
Subject: Re: emacs on freebsd, space limitation
Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2005 12:45:49 -0500

   I emailed the admin, He told me thay will do a system upgrade in the
   fall, at which time emacs, irssi mutt, wget and anything else he needs
   will be installed if requested.

   Until then he seems out of luck unless like you said there is an
   emacs-lite version floating around somewhere.

   I will email the admin perhaps and ask to use /tmp just for the time I
   need to compile.

I would suggest to the admin that the tools be installed now, because
their availability is imperative if work is going to get done; Fall is
far too long to wait for that.

But yeah, the compiled version is only ~15M, so in theory it could be
stored in the user's 50M directory after it is compiled.